This blog is a way for volunteers across the country to stay connected to the latest nationwide news about the AHA, on topics ranging from the new strategic plan to major successes toward our health goals to information on top fundraising activities. In addition to regular blog entries, site features include:
• Interactive functionality: Volunteers are encouraged to post their comments on all blog entries.In this week’s blog…
• Spotlights of National and Affiliate volunteer leaders each week with information about their goals during their term of service, why they’re involved with the AHA, etc.
• Weekly video updates
• A calendar of upcoming AHA events
• All site content is archived, so you can catch up on news, features and videos you may have missed
• a Spotlight featuring the work of Monique Wilson, AHA’s health alliance director in Alabama, who has collaborated with volunteers including Dr. Tom Miller, Vivian Figures, Dr. Wynne Crawford and Jill Cawley to promote the lifesaving message of Go Red For Women in AlabamaTo register for the blog, follow these steps:
• a blog entry on the importance of strategic partnerships for achieving the AHA’s 2020 goals
1. Visit ceo.heart.org/volunteers and click on the “Register” link at the bottom of the page.
2. You will be asked to fill in several fields, including your username (please use firstname.lastname), password (you can use whatever password you choose), e-mail address, first name, last name, and “Invitation Code.” Your Invitation Code is: volunteer-sca.
3. Once you’ve filled in all required registration fields, click on “Register.”
4. After clicking on “Register,” you will receive an e-mail within a few minutes to confirm and activate your account. Please click on the registration confirmation link in the e-mail to activate your account.
5. After you click on the verification link, you will be returned to ceo.heart.org/volunteers. Just re-enter your username and password and you will have access to the site.
6. After your account is activated, you’ll be able to change your username and password whenever you want by clicking on your name next to the “WELCOME” greeting on the right side of the page.
If you experience any difficulties with registration, please e-mail email@example.com. We will reply to your question as soon as possible.