Click here to email your House member on this issue.
With just two clicks you can send an email supporting smoke-free workplaces.
OR Call your House member and ask them to vote YES on Smoke-Free Workplaces. Here are some talking points for your lawmaker:
- On Tuesday the Texas House will have the opportunity to vote for Smoke-Free workplaces. Please vote YES on this issue!
- Representative Myra Crownover will offer an amendment to HB 3790 that would make Texas workplaces smoke-free. I urge you to support the Crownover amendment to HB 3790.
- Secondhand smoke is a leading cause of heart disease and stroke and I believe everyone has the right to work in a smoke-free environment. No worker should have to choose between their health and a paycheck.
- This smoke-free bill will save the state $31 million. At a time when there has been talk of teacher layoffs and nursing home closures because of the budget, these are funds that can be used to offset those cuts.
- Smoke-free workplaces will saves live and money. Please vote YES on the Crownover smoke-free amendment to HB 3790.