It’s easy to get started with the ‘My Life Check’ Assessment, an online tool to identify and improve seven health factors. Participants answer questions about the “Simple 7” — cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, smoking status, weight, physical activity and diet — then create a simple action plan to work toward excellent heart health. The payoff? Even modest improvements in health bring the benefit of a longer, healthier, and happier life.
Once you’ve chosen an action plan, think of seven people you care about who may smoke, be overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or a family history of heart disease and stroke — then ask them (in person, via phone, email, text, Facebook, Twitter, etc) to take a Simple Step for their health by completing the ‘My Life Check’ Assessment. People with these risk factors are at increased risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke and can benefit from the Simple 7 Steps and the My Life Check assessment.
Here are some messages you can paste into your Facebook Status and Twitter stream:
- Save hearts today! Four in 10 Americans think they have ideal cardiovascular health. Do you? Learn your health status at www.heart.org/mylifecheck, then send this on to seven friends to help spread the word.
- Your heart matters to me. Take a big step toward a healthier life today by getting your personal heart score and a custom plan with the 7 simple steps you need to start living your at your best. www.heart.org/mylifecheck
- Eat better, exercise more and don’t smoke. Small changes to your daily choices can be lifesaving. Find out your personal heart-health status with the My Life Check assessment and improve your heart health with incremental steps — starting today! www.heart.org/mylifecheck
- Four in 10 Americans think they have ideal cardiovascular health. Do you? Learn your health status at www.heart.org/mylifecheck. #AHAsimple7
- 7 Simple Steps to Live Better. Visit www.heart.org/mylifecheck to learn more from the American Heart Association. #AHAsimple7
- Get your personal heart score and a custom plan with the 7 simple steps to start living your best life. www.heart.org/mylifecheck #AHAsimple7